Uncrackable Software?

uberwaldo
Timezone: UTC +0

How do I develop an application that is less vulnerable to cracks and patches? What are the industry default measures to deal with that?

uberwaldo

How do I develop an application that is less vulnerable to cracks and patches? What are the industry default measures to deal with that?

Senzon
Timezone: UTC +3

I wasn't aware software could be vulnerable to patches since those usually fix things smile.

But I think for security measures it depends a lot on the kind of application you're making, where it'll be used, and with what technologies it's constructed.

I would definitely say a great resource for learning more about vulnerabilities is OWASP.

Senzon
Timezone: UTC +3

I wasn't aware software could be vulnerable to patches since those usually fix things smile.

But I think for security measures it depends a lot on the kind of application you're making, where it'll be used, and with what technologies it's constructed.

I would definitely say a great resource for learning more about vulnerabilities is OWASP.

uberwaldo

Senzon wrote:

You can either create patches for the software or cracks for it. They're different in the sense that a crack replaces files and a patch adds compiled code dynamically.

Senzon wrote:

I have checked OWASP, but it has very few information on reverse engineering defense. Isn't there a way to obscure ASM information that debuggers like ollydbg read? Most professional applications make use of encodings that make ollydbg inoperable for example, I'd like to do the same to my software but with secure encodings.

I'd like to know if I can make reverse engineering tasks more difficult basically.

uberwaldo

Senzon wrote:

You can either create patches for the software or cracks for it. They're different in the sense that a crack replaces files and a patch adds compiled code dynamically.

Senzon wrote:

I have checked OWASP, but it has very few information on reverse engineering defense. Isn't there a way to obscure ASM information that debuggers like ollydbg read? Most professional applications make use of encodings that make ollydbg inoperable for example, I'd like to do the same to my software but with secure encodings.

I'd like to know if I can make reverse engineering tasks more difficult basically.

chess_rock

You're talking about something like executable compression?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_compression

chess_rock

You're talking about something like executable compression?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_compression